Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Giant Owl

April 27th, 2010- I was at my grandparent's house (dad's side) with my mom. Walking around the left edge of the pond was the guy from Dirty Jobs, with a fishing pole. He caught a fish quite fast… I remember pointing out what type of fish it was, but I don't remember what I said it was. My mom was moving the big things you light and put outside (looks like bamboo with a candle on top) to keep bugs away into her car. I noticed a HUGE owl sitting on a WAY high up branch of a tree that was of redwood height. I was then bummed I didn't have my camera with me, but I still wanted to get a good look at it. I headed to the barn, where my grandpa was, to ask him if he had any binoculars I could use. He said yes and pointed to my left. He also said "Well, it must have been just the other day when that thing swooped down right at me". I looked to my left, and there were 3 pairs. I wasn't sure which would reach the furthest, as this owl was probably oh… 400-500ft away, so I looked for numbers on them and saw the highest was 5.7. I grabbed those. I hesitated getting a good look at the owl, just a bunch of quick looks as I kept hiding behind the barn's door a second after looking at the owl. The reason I was doing that is because the owl somehow noticed I was looking at it, and it kept looking at me. It eventually looked at me, hopped off the branch and started flying my way. I started to panic, and find a place to hide within the barn, but wasn't able to find a spot. The owl eventually showed up, flew into the barn, and prepared to attack me. I continued to panic, and woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment